Feedback: Pau Maynés

Today I spoke with Pau Mayés about my project.
I think I still can not explain it in simple ordered ideas. Somehow, the fact that I want to focus in understanding and describing the current treatment practice got lost in the conversation and I couldn't bring it back.

When he read my proposal he centered his attention in the evolution of treatment criteria. He suggested me to narrow the topic into one concrete theme, like that one. He shortly referred to his project (Oral History of Photograph Conservation) and his experience. He said that now he knows he would have done things differently, but didn't say how.

When he read the topics for the question he said "philosophy" is an abstract big word, that nobody understands. When he read my questions (posted Oct.26) he said they were too theoretical and felt like an exam. He suggested me to use concrete examples as ground for discussion.

He gave me some suggestions of bibliography to look for (some of which I have already consulted, but I will review again).

He was very nice and said I can contact him again. That we can talk by skype. I think the feedback was useful and new.

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewed bibliography